Excellence Is A Lifelong Discipline

Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Environment, New Account

This is yet another stepping stone in my life & I'm determine to Conquer it.

Before CNY i was informed that I'll be posting to another client's account to take care of their stocks during the 2nd wk after CNY. I was all excited as it was the path that i wanted to take & progress with.

Not saying that my previous client's account was not good.
But felt that i need a breakthrough & not being restricted to my 4 PCs in front of me.
Haha.. Bet you all didn't know i work with 4 computers. But most of the time i only need 2 PCs. I was enjoying my work but it's getting too mundane day in day out.

So happily went for my CNY & during the first day back at work, i was asked to start my first day with the new account on the spot with not much guidance (My colleague was on leave for 2 days). So all i could do was helping here & there. But it's fulfilling as it was a brand new environment for me to learn.

I'm not sure what's wrong with "1st day of work".
Since i step into DHL, my first day is always a taste of OTing... LoL.
So it means I'm useful since i could stay for OT when i still new to the process. But for this account that I'm handling, system transactions is not a big issue. The main issue is the way/method/process which has passed down.

I've been learning for almost 2 wks now. Most of the SOP i have roughly know. So all i need to do is to master it & implement new process/simplify methods/proper guides to this account which i seriously think it needs some tidying up.

Also the other area to improve was my operational skills.
I'm still very "green" in this area. So need lots of experience & hard work to sharpen the skills.
However, I'm quite glad that I've already able to operate almost all the machines except forklift which requires me to attend course to obtain the license.

I'm also not forgetting to keep in touch with my previous account so to maintain my standards/skills.

I'm really looking forward to some day that i could be able to help all the accounts in my department & implement better processes which will benefit those who are directly working on it.

Yeah!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home